Consumers are increasingly looking for more refined food, with differentiated products and unique features.
Greater exposure to professional cooking, through the media and direct experience in restaurants, produces consumers with higher expectations in terms of taste and taste, seeking more complex flavors and new textures. Transparency in the origin of food also plays an important role, focusing on ingredients of superior quality and sustainable production.
The launch of products with a premium positioning increased by 5% (2018 vs. 2017), meaning that there is no slowdown in the development of new differentiated products. According to Innova Market Insights* there was a worldwide average annual increase of 12% in the launches of products that claim to have “superior quality” in the last five years. It is therefore anticipated that premium food and beverage lines will increase their shelf space in supermarkets in the near future.
* Source: Innova Marketing Insights, Anuga
Manufacturers and Distributors
• Exotic preserved or dehydrated products (jellies, pates, etc.)
• General provisions
National and international visitors
• Markets and Supermarkets
• Buffet and collective meal (hospitals, clubs, companies, etc.)
• Empires, convenience stores and rotisseries
• Suppliers for food services
• Hotels, lodges and other means of lodging
• Restaurants, Bars and Snack Bars
• Wholesalers and Distributors